Tuesday, December 27, 2011

30 Day Drawing Challenge: Days 25 - 30!!!

Hello all!! I hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas!! If you don't celebrate Christmas I hope u had a lovely weekend ;)

I'm about to post the final drawings from the challenge (it officially ended yesterday). So here we go!

Day 25 was scenery. My apologies for the slightly crumpled nature of this drawing. Biro and water colour tend to have that effect on paper. 


In case you were wondering, this is the view from one of the many glorious windows in my bedroom :)

 I had no trouble at all thinking of something I don't like for day 26.

I would go so far as to say that I despise mosquitoes. I'm constantly irritated by them and I'm yet to discover what role they play in our ecosystem that is so important that they just can't die already!!
I think I should be able to wear shorts around my house without fear of having my legs bitten to shit and then having to spend the rest of the day stinking of aloe vera. I feel it is also my right to go to bed without covering my entire body with repellent only to wake up and find i've been bitten on my eyelid because, silly me, I forgot to smear a big dollop of cream there!! grrrr!!!!

OK, calm is returning.......mosquitoes, u suck. On to better things. Here's a picture of someone I love for day 27.

I think you'd be surprised by how accurate this is! My boyfriend did just point out that he doesn't have quite as impressive a neck beard as this guy seems to have. I did try to explain that the absence of neck means that his beard has mingled with the hair at the back of his head but there's just no pleasing some people!

Anyway, on day 28 I was supposed to be drawing anything I'd like which was a refreshing change. Day 28 was Christmas eve so I decided to draw a Christmas tree!

 Day 29's challenge was to draw somewhere I'd like to go. I'd really like to go to peru to see Machu Picchu (and also pick up some new pyjamas). Here's my shocking attempt at capturing it.


From what I can tell it's really beautiful when I'm not left to draw it.

That brings us to the final day of the drawing challenge, day 30! Here's my congratulatory banner for finishing the challenge :)
To be honest I'm pretty glad to see the back of this drawing challenge business. There's a few things I've discovered in the last month. Firstly it's really hard to draw something good every day, secondly it's a really bad idea to attempt this over Christmas (or any time that's likely to be busy for that matter). And thirdly, Crayola don't make enough varied colouring pens. It's no wonder children draw such God awful pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment