Thursday, September 22, 2011

Paisley

There's been a change this week with my freelance work ( and also with my bathroom but that's a story for another time) and I'm loving every second of it!! Allow me to explain........

As you may or may not know, I work freelance for a textile agency which produces prints for womenswear based on the latest catwalk trends. For this company I have designed 180 textures and animal prints with the odd geo thrown in. I have been creating said designs by hand. I am not a fan of doing things by hand. I am not a patient person! The whole process has caused me much frustration for some time now.

This week I celebrated a victory, when after much pleading and bum kissing the company head finally gave in and allowed me to submit some digital designs! That's 1-0 in the battle of hand-made vs digital and 1-0 in the battle of me vs the design studio! get in!!

Anyway, here is my design inspiration for the week,



I am quite fond of Jonathan Saunders and of this collection but would never have been able to even think about tackling something this detailed by hand (at this point I refer you back to my aforementioned impatience). Needless to say I've had an excellent week recreating these designs without so much as a glance at a pot of dye!

Some stupid legal nonsense prohibits me from posting whole designs on the internet but I can post pieces (actually I don't know if I can but I'm going to). So without further babbling.........




Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment