Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Mark Making- Recreating Carlos Miele

As you may know I have difficulty publishing some of my freelance work due to a lot of legal mumbo jumbo. Consequently I have to be a touch more creative with how I show my fashion prints. Today I had a cunning plan!

Carlos Mieles's Spring Collection is my inspiration this week. Here are some of my favourites,


Reinterpreting these has proved a little trickier than I had first anticipated. It's really easy when using Photoshop to make designs look overly digital and lose the organic sense that comes with hand painted designs.

After several failed attempts to recreate these shapes I finally found something that works! AND it's great fun!!





A little scanning and some Photoshop later I've got my design for the day! Here's a sample......



Thanks for reading!!

1 comment: