Thursday, February 6, 2014

Quick Fix: Couch

Hi guys!

My Grandma recently had her couch cushions replaced with some shiny new ones. This left her with some rather large (and not too happy looking) extras which she had every intention of throwing away. Until, that is I convinced her to give them to me so that I could add a much needed couch to my study.

Here's what the cushions looked like before I'd worked my magic on them.


To give you an idea of just how old these cushions are here's what they looked like when they were new.


That adorable sleepy kid in the picture? That's me!

Anyway, I still don't quite have the funds to properly cover the cushions and do exactly what I'd like so I came up with a cost effective temporary solution.


By stacking the two long pillows on top of each other and aligning the three small ones along the wall I've created a couch. Then, using offcuts of fabric which I already had I covered the old fabric.


You can find some of the fabrics featured on this quick fix couch in my Spoonflower shop.
You can also find my floral cushion at Kess Inhouse!

Oh and let's not forget the all important before and after!


No comments:

Post a Comment